Vednesday Vent - More Like Wednesday Whine

Last year, I participated in my very first fantasy baseball league. I started game one in the cellar and never got higher than second-to-last place in the standings. So, needless to say (but obviously I'm gonna anyway) my team was sucky. And maybe I didn't understand the intricacies of the game. And maybe certain people in the league were no help by not really playing and still beating me. And maybe I was a little bitter that my 15-yr old brother was beating me the entire season. But for real, all of my players SHOULD have been good, but weren't. For instance, see 2005 stats for Curt Schilling, Todd Helton, Mike Lowell and that stupid Luis Gonzalez or whatever his name is Arizona player that was good like 3 years ago.

But hey, I'm going to pick myself up, brush off the grime of the cellar and play again this year. And the draft is this afternoon. And I have done just about as much research this year as last (read: zero). But I have a cool team name this year! C + C Poop Factory. As in Cassady and Corn Dog. Witty, no?

And D-bo, leader of the Devonites, if you beat me again this year, I'll kick your ass. And I don't mean figuratively. Yeah. Cause I'm a Bad Mother Fucker.

Comments

Life said…
you should pick mike lowell again because you know.. that is just a cool fuckin name.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
No offense to your Mike Lowell, but I wouldn't pick that blowhard of a third baseman again if you paid me. He's a wanker!

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James