Whine/Wine

Why do I care if I sound like I'm whining or complaining? I'm sitting here thinking of things to write OTHER than how worn and tattered I feel because I don't want to sound like I'm whining. I know other people live a lot harder lives and I know I've got it good, but that doesn't make me want to moan and groan about my lot in life any less.

So, if you know I've got it way better than you and don't want to listen to me whine about dumb stuff (like life), it's best if you navigate away from this page....NOW. You've been warned.

Work is kicking my ass this week. That's not so bad - it's the part where it's not going to stop kicking my ass until the middle of May sometime. I have completely too much to do for too many people and if I'm already freaking out, the next few weeks when the stress ramps up by like 10000% are going to leave a mark. A deep mark. All the way through to my soul maybe.

And I just did taxes. So I know how much I make with this job. It's pretty good. It's actually way more than I really ever thought I'd make (I didn't have high income goals much - I majored in biology, how could I?). So now? Now I feel stuck in this job. What other job could I possibly find that would pay me ENOUGH. That's the magic word when it comes to income - enough. What's enough? What I make now? How much less could I deal with?

And what kind of job would I be good at now? I have totally different skills than I did when I got this job. But this job doesn't stir my soul or make me feel like I'm contributing to the world. So if I got another job that's similar to this job, what would be any different in the long run? The answer is probably nothing.

I've found out that the way the company works is going to change - big time. I'll have sales goals and crap like that to meet now. But the kicker is that I'll pretty much have nothing new or different to work with in order to meet those targets. Same old boss making the same old decisions.

I am suddenly growing very tired of this topic. I don't think anyone here can help with this dilemma and I don't even know if I described it so that anyone COULD help. I'm trying to be all sneaky so I don't get fired for my blog - HA!! I just made myself laugh. That helped a little.

Comments

C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
Yes, Joy Soy Habanero, I do believe you're right on many fronts - but I agree the most emphatically with the part about how feeling guilty doesn't help anything at all. Thank you for reminding me - I had that guilt business drilled into me through years of systematic guilt-abuse at the hands of the almighty CATHOLIC CHURCH. Every now and again I need reminding that guilt solves nothing and mainly serves to make people feel like shit for stuff they can't control.
Life said…
yo baby i tagged you on my page. go look.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...