Coming Clean

I have an admission to make, of which I'm woefully ashamed. Every time the movie Ghost Ship comes on TV, I watch it. If you haven't seen it, don't be surprised because it's not a very good movie. I guess the attraction is seeing the cast killed off in various spectacularly gruesome ways. And the ending is, well, the ending is bad like Mad Dog 20/20 when you're 15 - you don't want to drink it, but it's the only thing around and you've invested too much to turn back now.

Recently, I had this conversation with someone, I believe my SIL, and she said the movie she always watched was Deep Blue Sea. In retrospect, maybe she wasn't exactly ashamed about watching it, but I felt those same dirty, i'll-never-get-these-two-hours-back feelings as from Ghost Ship. What fantastic fake sharks you have! I guess the truth about why I didn't appreciate DBS was because Karl Urban is in Ghost Ship and I find him dreamy but also like watching him die what could only be described as an infinitely painful death. DBS has no such actor that ices my cake quite like Eomer.

So, what's your guilty pleasure movie?

Comments

Life said…
ha- i have also watched the entire ghost ship movie. terrible. i watched Friday yesterday (but only part of it b/c kids woke up) but is watching Ice Cube get high with Chris Tucker really a waste of time? Nah. I always have to watch Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment when they are on but they aren't dumb. I like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Lost Boys too.
Life said…
Oh! And Empire Records. I have to watch Empire Records if it is on.
Unknown said…
"Somewhere in Time" is pretty bad, but I always watch it... and usually cry. God, Superham was so hot to me back then. I dreamt of being Jane Seymour with my hair whisked up in a careless bun.
Unknown said…
i always watch coming to america and the golden child whenever i happen across them. i can't help it. and there are many more like them, too...
Unknown said…
...like 'romancing the stone', 'bridget jones' diary' (first one only), always nice to catch the volleyball scene in 'top gun'...

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...