George Michael Stuck In My Head

"Shoulda known better than to cheat a friend, waste this chance that I've been given. Though it's easy to pretend, I know you're not a fool."

I didn't karaoke with the mic or anything, but I was singing at the top of my lungs right along with the person that picked that song. I might have had a drink or ten by that point. This was in the bowling alley after I finished winning $20 off Surfer Boy for beating him two games in a row. He still owes me $10. The worst part is that fully two days later, that stupid song is still stuck in my head. Let me assure you: Careless Whisper is NOT a song you want stuck in your head for that long.

This week has a lot going on. Not only will I be celebrating the birth of 'Merica on Wednesday with a good likelihood of second degree burns, but it's also me Mum's birthday on Tuesday. I'm going to the Cardinal game tonight and Wednesday night and playing racquetball in place of soccer tomorrow. I envision Thursday and Friday being days requiring excessive water intake to rehydrate and possibly remind my colon about the beauty of water as opposed to alcohol.

Comments

Unknown said…
happy birthday to the joan!
Anonymous said…
Tonight the music seems so loud. I wish that we could lose this crowd. Maybe it's better this way... We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say.
Anonymous said…
We coulda been so GOOD togetha. We could've danced this dance forevah. NOW...who's gonna dance with me... Please, stay.
Unknown said…
i think that, technically, careless whisper is by WHAM!, not the solo GM. I do love me some Father Figure, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James