The first of hopefully many posts referencing the Cardinals in postseason


daveanddadatbusch2
Originally uploaded by Corn Dog.


I've never been to a Cardinals postseason game. And for some reason, I'm a little ashamed that I'm not that sad about it. It's not that I'm a so-so or fairweather fan - I probably watched 142 of the 160 games this season on TV and went to three games at Busch. Hold on...GO CARDS...had to get that out there real quick. But like I was saying, I can't imagine the atmosphere at a postseason game - it's got to be amazing. I guess it's one of those things where I'm happy just being one of the masses. There's a lot of Cardinals fans around the country and around the world and there's only so many seats in the stadium. I like watching postseason games on TV so I can:


  • viciously berate the ESPN (Extra-Special Panty-wearing Nutjobs) commentators

  • laugh, cry, scream, cheer, nailbite and exasperate in the comfort of my own home and not in front of 50,000

  • not pay $8.00 a beer!!!!

  • not drive 45 min. there and back in traffic

It's definitely a trade-off and you can say what you will about the tenacity of my Cardinals loyalty, but so far, I'm at peace with it.

Comments

C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
I deleted those spam comments and installed the word verification feature - we'll see if that puts the kibosh (sp?) on comment spam.

I started bringing a little radio headset to games so I can listen and find out what's really going on. To me, there's nothing more frustrating at a game than not knowing what the hell is going on because there's no play-by-play or commentator to tell me how badly someone got hurt. Nothing that is, except for the $8.00 beers. That really fries my eggs.
Life said…
I have never been to a Cards post-season game either. Blues, yes. Cardinals- no. I would give my eye teeth to go this season since Busch is going the way of the checkerdome. Busch stadium means so much to me and I'm really going to miss it. I'm getting all vaklempt just thinking about it. It may be "the last of the cookie-cutter stadiums built in the sixties" but it has been an integral part of my life and I'll miss all of the fun times I've had there. Sniff.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
I just read on STLtoday.com that in order to get Cardinals' World Series tickets, you have to register by 11 am on Wednesday to be in the lottery to determine if you can buy them online or not. Crazy. I think the hoops they make you jump through kinda add another reason why I've never been. That, and the $8 beers. Oh, and $45 STANDING ROOM ONLY tickets! Can you believe that? $65 if you want a no-back-support-havin bleacher seat. And for reference for those of you that aren't reading this but don't know, regular season bleacher seats sell for $12 or so.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...