Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming

I know I'm dreaming because I'm in heaven...Baseball Heaven. The much-maligned St. Louis Cardinals just won the World Mother Fucking Series. All complaints about the "World" part of it aside, (and considering the fact that only teams from the US play in this event, I have to agree that the title is misrepresentative) the national media and majority sentiment gave this team zero chance.

I was fortunate enough to go to 9 games this season. I was fortunate enough to watch all but 3 postseason games on TV. And let me tell you, I must be drunk to sayI was "fortunate" considering the obvious bias of the FOX announcers (and not necessarily in favor of Detroit, but more in favor of ANY OTHER team than the Cardinals), their pandering to the larger markets and thinly-veiled contempt of my home team. And I admit, I am a bit pissed. For you Americans, that means drunk in this context.

SO, without making even more of an ass of myself, I'll just conclude this post by congratulating my ridiculously awesome St. Louis Cardinals - especially my boy, David Eckstein (Scrappy Doo) - for taking it all, against all odds. I heart my St. Louis Cardinals. Every last one of you!

Comments

Life said…
the heat is on, the heat is on-on

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...