Don't You Love it When...

...you get gifted the last batch of homegrown tomatoes? More specifically, Illinois award-winning tomatoes? I'll be making guacamole, salsa and hopefully a batch of tomato sauce I can share with my grandparents. Thanks Paul & Sally!
...you score a goal from just shy of midfield? I even managed a short bit of what's known as dribbling - a concept I just can't perform very well. But I keep trying and when it goes right, it's oh so gratifying.
...the Corn Dog lays her super soft head on your lap? Or when you just look her way and she wags her tail? She loves me, in spite of all of my shortcomings as a dog owner. We're a package deal: Two Chubby Beasts For One Low Price!
...you think the water heater has gone tits up only to find a simple push of the little red reset button fixes all? That lukewarm shower was nerve-wracking - how long since the last heating of the water? how much longer before it's straight up cold? how much will a new water heater cost? can I get one of those cool ones like I'd seen in Hong Kong that instantly heat up just the water you need at the time? i wonder how JP is doing since he moved back to the UK from Hong Kong? where can I get dim sum around here? And so forth. See what I mean? Nerve-wracking.
...you begin cooking a frozen chicken breast at 1 am and finish eating it around 2? And I wonder why I can't get up early. Madness!

Anyone else want a turn? Try it! It's cathartic.

Comments

Life said…
i can't think of anything other than i love it when you post.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James