High Tide

On the Piney! About three days after we were there last, the banks could no longer contain the flood water and the river rose to about 10 feet from where our tent stood just a few days previously. I don't *think* The Lodge took on any water, but it would have been a really close call, and for those of you that don't know, The Lodge is easily a 150-ft. walk from the normal river bank.

Photographic evidence:



And I'm going to try this new-fangled video thing...we'll see if it works for anyone (8 Mb for a shorty):

Comments

Life said…
holy farkin shiat!
Unknown said…
dammmmn! the video worked for me, it just took a little bit to get it started. man, that's some floodwater. let's hope it doesn't hit the lodge over the next few days, w/ all the rain and rain and rain we're still going to get.
ps rsvp! ha. i'm chompin at the bit, i look for the wee envelopes every day and check off who has responded. seriously. i even have it color coded. i think i have a problem.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
Crazy, right? Hopefully, it won't go into the Lodge or all is lost. Woe be unto us.

A - I'm coming. I'm quite likely bringing a guest. Mwa hahaha. I'll mail in the little envelope when I get back into town.
Unknown said…
oooh, a guest? groovy.
see you when you get back, wheneverthatis! vienna hoooah.
Life said…
I just saw something on the news about the piney flood! Check this this out.
Unknown said…
Thanks, Kim. I really appreciate you sharing that spectacular piece of award-winning current events reporting.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James