Mini Soda

I'm in the Minneapolis airport enjoying a Sam Adams and biding my time for leg numero dos of a three leg journey to Malta. STL to Minnesota to London Gatwick where we get our bags and re-check onto the Air Malta flight to our final destination. Sigh.

And the only reason I can give this update is because I've forked over $9.95/month for the next three months for airport WIFI. Why did I buy this? Well, that's because when we landed, I tried to turn on my iPhone and when I switched from airplane mode to normal mode, it froze. And stayed frozen for an hour until I could get online and find out WTF was up and how the hell to reset the thing. Disaster narrowly averted, I tell you. I'm pretty sure my freak out would have been epic if my phone just up and died before I even left the country on a 9-day jaunt.

It's not so much because I must be contact-able at all times. I was a late adopter of the cell phone and if I leave it at home for the day, it's not going to burn my bacon or anything. But when I go out of the country, I don't know, there's just something about being on the other side of a vast ocean that makes me want to be reachable.

I think I'm all charged up now and the beer is nearly gone. Less than one hour before boarding. I'm off to find a store where I can buy the Hot Fuzz DVD.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Mom,
They are treating us well here. We have had our dinner and now Corndog won't stop playing with Indy. I'm glad they're outside because I am perfectly happy laying on my bed napping. Have a safe trip. We'll see you in a few days.
Love,
Cassady
Life said…
Mind you, he came from a little town in Minnesota.It's not the kind of thing a young guy did
when a fellow stole his chick away from him.

Malta by way of Minnesota- how odd. Have a safe trip chica.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
J - Thanks for transcribing Cassady's thoughts and observations. He's almost poetic, no?

K - You've lost me. Wha? And yes, via MN when you fly Northwest.

Update: Two of the five ppl from my office traveling did not arrive con luggage. But I did. Yay!
Life said…
Rocky Raccoon lyrics ;)
Unknown said…
rocky raccoon fell back in his room and proceeded to lie on the table. or something like that. and again, i say... are you back yet? hmmm...maybe, yes?
Unknown said…
YAY!! Hot Fuzz ROCKS!

Meanwhile, I miss you. I might die if I don't have contact soon. Literally. Die.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James