Don't You Love it When...

...you look at the blog stats and even though you haven't posted in over two weeks, there's still some people checking the site? I'm impressed and humbled. Although it does appear as though a fair few of you are only here to see pictures of the John & Lorena Bobbit Halloween costume. (See what I did there? Search engine manipulation is FUN!)
...while looking at the blog stats, you check out what key words people are using to find the site and one of them is "pisschin". I don't think I've ever used that word in my life, but some poor soul searched on it and ended up here.
...you have a personal crisis and your friends email, text and call to let you know they're there if you need to talk? I can hardly express my gratitude, even if I haven't taken many up on the offer. Just haven't had the desire to talk about it yet. But oh how I'll make you regret those words when I do.
...the underdog wins? I offer my heartfelt prayer to the baseball gods to let the Cleveland Indians get to the World Series. I mean, come on...Charlie Sheen is on their team!
...the best cup of coffee in town is available just down the street from your office? I love me some Picasso's coffee.
...you sit down to write an entry and even though you can't think of anything positive to say at the time, a little bit of thinking reveals there are many things for which you're grateful? I can't tell you how many sarcastic "Don't you love it when" things I can think of - it's much more difficult for me (even on a good day) to NOT be sarcastic with these entries, but it's definitely a good exercise.
...you say pisschin over and over again? It just doesn't get old.
...your bro turns 30? You're a kick-ass brother, father and friend. Happy 3-0 (please back date to Monday although I did leave a message with the fastest rendition of the birthday song ever).

Please now for your turn. What are you grateful for today? And you can't say "a new post" because let's face it, that's low-hanging fruit.

Comments

Life said…
- New post (because I am truly grateful, I wanted to punch the picture of your view from your hotel room. lovely as it is, i was tired of it).
- Free hockey tickets for tomorrow night
- Babysitting for tomorrow night (fingers crossed)
- I am grateful for how beautiful it is outside even though I have been holed up inside the majority of the week.
- My friends. Whom I love through thick and thin.
Anonymous said…
I love it when I get new books and get to sleep in late. I find it somewhat pathetic that I can only think of those 2 things right now.
Anonymous said…
... a great friend puts you in the Reiki Prayer Circle of Power and suddenly life seems a whole lot eaiser
... you facilitate the conversion of yet another friend to the Church of Dewey's Pizza
... you have a stack of four (count them, FOUR) Christopher Moore books, just waiting to be devoured
...you finally heed your friends' insistent suggestion to read Eat Pray Love and it changes your life, just like they said it would

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...