Don't You Love it When...

...someone compliments your hair? It's small victories like this that make it bearable when, say, someone has recently noticed and commented on the need for your highlights to be touched up. Harsh, I tell you.
...you get an email with the subject line "what say you, fuzzy britches" and it's not spam?
...you've been gifted two hotel nights when pretty much every hotel in an entire city is booked solid for the two nights you need lodging? The year I finally plan to stay in Montreal after the conference and see a bit outside of the convention center, the Grand Prix is in town and hotel rooms are a rare commodity. A business colleague "called in a marker" to get me a room in a city center hotel during the Grand Prix. I think I'm now indebted to the mafia, but I'd like to see them collect. I'm not afraid of the Montreal mob. Much.
...you see Dean Cain in the airport? I had to do a quadruple take, but I'm certain it was him. We were in the Ambassador's Club in the JFK airport (I'm not a member - I was the guest of a member, mind you). I also saw Isaac Bruce in the STL airport on the way out of town this last time. For you non-STL'ers, he's on our football (not soccer) team.
...Liverpool is going to the Champions League finals and Man U isn't? Yeah, of my readership, I think there's exactly one of you that care about this. But hey, it's exciting! Just trust me on this.
...you score a goal, nay, the game winner? I was so shocked the shot went where I intended it to go I didn't even celebrate.
...it's Friday? Is it just me or did this week last about 22.3 days? That's only a slight exaggeration. That's all behind us now though. Bring on the weekend.

Comments

Life said…
Actually, this week lasted 26.5 days. Your hair looks lovely today! I'm peeping on you through the window. The dogs aren't barking because I threw them a steak. Your dogs like steak.
Unknown said…
uh oh, i guess tony can't push his 'manchester...the BEST!' bit for a while.
JP said…
Com'on the Pool!!

Not seen you're hair for far too long but sure its fantastic, as for the Mighty Mighty Reds making it to yet another Champions League final... Happy happy days!
Life said…
Nice Dali. I am Dali, take me to the beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James