Hey look! Are those cookies over there?

Will that post title work to distract you from the long slog between posts that seems to have become the norm? If yes, awesome, you're my kind of distracted. If not, toughen up, there's an arduous journey ahead of you and you should really save your strength for something more important to worry about...like toe hair and nose grease.

And since that last might have sounded like some kind of advice, please heed my warning to never ever EVER, under penalty of looking stupid, take my advice on anything. "What do I know" is a common disclaimer I add to the ends of sentences in real life. If you want to get into the semantics of it, what do any of us really know? Nothing is a foregone conclusion - I mean, just ask Pluto. You go for years being considered an equal and then some squinty-eyed scientists decide to strip you of your very lifeblood - who will ever learn to care about a non-planet?

I guess lately I have been fooled into complacency, thinking I know something is what it is and it can't change. Things change. People change. Dreams change. Even rocks change. The hard part for me is that it can be going on right in front of you - or better yet TO you - but the changes are so minute, you can't tell until you step back and say WHOA! I started with a boring rock and now we have Crazy Horse carved into the side of a mountain. It's impressive and daunting all at the same time.

Maybe that's why I haven't had a lot to say here lately. Maybe not. I didn't even realize what I was going to write about until it was there in black and white on the screen. But, I guess, there you have it. I feel like there's some big reveal coming up soon where all the changes suddenly become Crazy Horse apparent. Not sure if that's how it really works, but that's what I keep feeling. It's a little ominous, but I'm going to posit that is only because I don't know the future. Where's that crystal ball when I need it?

Comments

broadwaybabe said…
i like your way of thinking
Anonymous said…
I feel the same way sister. I think my life is living me, instead of the other way around.
Life said…
I have a crystal ball right here little girl, just get in the van and I'll show it to you...
Unknown said…
i so dig the crazy horse analogy. well put.
me said…
Maybe if you were of a clearer mind more often you would notice the changes happening around you!

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James