Rosy


Here is one of my favorite photos from the trip to Hong Kong. It was taken from Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. The rosy glow is from my sunglasses being held in front of the lens. It actually makes the foggysmoggywhatever look kinda cool. Because looking at it without the rose-colored glasses is a little depressing. Both Macau and HK were settled by a giant cloud/smog/fog haze thing the entire time I was there. I saw sunlight for a total of about 2 hours during the 10 day stint.

Feel free to view all of my pictures from the trip on Flickr.

Overall, I'd have to say the adventure was a rousing success. Some highlights:

  • Lan Kwai Fong - the section of HK with proper pubs and where all of the expats and foreigners hang out. Apparently, the local folk don't drink much - especially women. There was an experience in Macau where we ordered two more bottles of wine (we'd already killed the first two) and the wait staff (all 18 of them) looked at us like we just asked them to relinquish their citizenship and bow to the Japanese throne. But anyway, I spent a lot of time in LKF. I spent a lot of my liver there as well. Sorry liver!
  • The Big Buddha - and oh, was he big. Apparently, the largest seated, outdoor Buddha in the world is there on Lantau Island at the Po Lin Monastery. Who knew? But the coolest part of that experience was seeing the Relic. The story goes that when Buddha laid down under the sala trees and passed into Nirvana, his body was cremated and turned into thousands of crystals. Sri Lanka donated two of these crystals to the Po Lin Monastery. I couldn't take a picture though. Stricty forbidden.
  • WW3 - As in Wheelchair Wars 3, even though there must have been 15 of them while I was there. At the risk of giving JP an even bigger head, I dare say he won all of them. But I do have proof that he falls just like the rest of us. I've now commandeered a wheelchair (sorry Grandma!) and by the next time I see him, I'll reign supreme. Mwa ha ha ha!


The plane ride back is not something I'd like to re-live on these pages or anywhere. It wasn't the worst, but it wasn't average either. But I'm home. And as I look around and see my big yard and my giant closets, it occurs to me again how good I've got it here (and by good, I mean personal space and lowish rent and closets).

Comments

JackIrons009 said…
Nice Pics. Halfway around the world to take photos of a couple of pasty dudes leg wrestling in wheelchairs, you are so jetset.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
fuck right off knobhead or i'll put your pasty ass in a wheelchair
JackIrons009 said…
I see none of the Far East Zen put a dent in your bitchy side.
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
I'd have to stay there a helluva lot longer than 10 days to dent this bitch thank you very much.
Life said…
just like murderball! http://www.murderballmovie.com

i like that pic- reminds me of the famous new orleans pics through rose colored glasses.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...