Hot Socks


Hot Socks
Originally uploaded by Corn Dog.

Some things make me happy by reminding me of my youth. These socks make me inordinately happy when I see them in my jumbled sock drawer, sticking out from among the sea of white. I remember wearing these socks in sixth grade. Aside from the simple miracle it took to keep both socks together over the last twenty years, they remind me of a time before I worried about meaningless shit. I didn't worry about anything in sixth grade except would we win our soccer game and who would be my friend, Becky or Melissa. You know those friends - the ones that wrote the notes that said:

Do you like me or Melissa better?

cirle one Becky Melissa

What is your favorite animal?

___Tiger___________

Comments

C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
You had to go and say the O word didn't you? You're right though, perspective just keeps on changing. When I'm looking in from the outside on a situation like you describe, I like to think about those kids in 15 years and how they'll be in the shoes you're wearing now. Maybe that's another way to look at that old saying about history repeating itself.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Should Be Working...