Baby you're the best

I'd like to take just a moment to appreciate what my friend Kim and her husband Mike have done: they've just welcomed three of the teeniest, most tenacious, and miraculous humans to Earth. At only 26 weeks gestation, Lily, Ethan and Jack are smaller than some of the lint balls I've seen my husband pull out of his belly button, but they're here by God and they're making their mark already. Kim, Mike - I have just this to say: You guys have handled everything about this situation and these wee ones like fucking champs. When you think about the physical pain Kim is in, the intense frustration of dealing with doctors and the feeling of helplessness it creates, keeping Monster (that'd be their 5-year old) occupied and feeling loved, and the stress of updating everyone and their dog about the babies' health and status - it's just too much to think about. And yet, I haven't seen or heard either of you complain or whine or dive into the deep abyss of self-pity. However you're doing it, I just want to say I recognize what you're up against and I don't have any faith that I'd be able to keep it together even a quarter as much as you guys are. Well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

Don't You Love it When...