Pinch Me

I'm in freaking CHINA. Holy crap.

The flight was not as bad as the one to Australia last year because this time, I had an aisle seat and miracle of miracles, the seat next to me was empty. There's still nothing comfortable about economy class 15 hour flights, but that was pretty much the best situation I could hope for. I knew the flight was full so when I checked in at the airport, I asked if there were any aisle seats available and the chick at the counter came back saying "it's full, but I put you on the waiting list for an upgrade to business class". It was just a tease though because once we got to Chicago for the main leg of the trip, the chick behind the counter said "you're not getting an upgrade, I can tell you that right now". Ok then. Thanks for the winning personality!

And get this - you don't fly west or east to get here (at least from chicago), but we flew directly north, over the north pole and then south over Siberia, Mongolia and then over China all the way down to Hong Kong. The little map on the flight that shows you where the plane is - it's pretty creepy to see that route.

Our hotel room is fucking sweet. And it's a suite. I'll enjoy it while I can since after this part in Macau, I'll be going to Hong Kong to stay with the infamous JP. I'm picturing a crowded flat though - it's JP, his flat mate, his friend Ritu and her friend Pliya. I'll be couch surfing in Hong Kong y'all. Crazy.

If only I had brought my stupid camera cable, I would post some pics. Oh, and a coat - who knew it was going to be so chilly!

Ok, I'm off to explore Macau. Heh. Fucking crazy.

Comments

Life said…
have fun in china and bring me back something cool! rock on...

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James