Shoes On A Wire Watch: Final Episode

The evening started like any other. I walked to my car after work and looked up to smile at the lazily dangling shoes. But then I sensed a glitch in the Matrix. What once was a wire covered in 18+ pairs of shoes (and alleged foil-wrapped vegetables) now exists as lonesome wires, indestinguishable from rest.

The shoes are gone.

Almost all of them. There are still the two original pair, but I think they only survived because they're on different wires than the ones that run along the alley and had accumulated such a nice array of sneakers.

I'm a little sad about it too. The daily counting of the shoe pairs, the observation of the placement and the way they hung there so carelessly, are all over. The whimsy has been ripped out of my workday routine and it's a poorer routine for it. I mean, I understand that there was probably a serious fire hazard going on there and no amount of whimsy is worth losing some public property over. But come on! Our wires were fun and decorated with shoes people! Now they're just boring wires.

I shall have to replace my daily whimsy fix. Any suggestions?

Comments

Life said…
i stole the shoes. i'm selling them on ebay
Unknown said…
aw. i'm sorry--i feel your twinge of sadness. alternate whimsy...hmmm...well, chances are that the wire will start to fill up again.
Janet said…
Oh, how sad! Hope you got pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James