Shoes on a Wire Watch: Day 97

Earlier this summer, I noticed a pair of shoes thrown over the power line behind my office building. A few of my coworkers commented on it and we postulated what it was all about. I think the first theory put forward said the shoes meant there was a drug dealer in the neighborhood open for business. Other theories were posited: it means you're entering the ghetto or it means people are fucking stupid were my two favorites. Ha ha, days go by and no one thinks anything of it.

Cut to last week. On just a few power lines, there are now 12 pairs of shoes dangling in the wind. on various power lines and on street lights (you can see one of those in the picture). What started as a lone pair of sneakers has now developed into a raging case of What The Fuck? Twelve pairs? Who is donating shoes to this cause and who is chucking them up there? The Bleeding Heart ide of me thinks there are plenty of kids that would love to wear any pair of those shoes as they all look worn, but still nice. The Man-Hater ide of me thinks Ha! Yeah! Down with The Man! And the Ambivalent side of me wonders just when one of those pairs of shoes will be responsible for my office losing power. All the other sides nod in hope with Ambivalent Side.

How many pairs of shoes do YOU see? The person that gets it right will win an unspecified prize. Hope whoever wins likes Elvis crap. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Life said…
93.
i think you should throw some shoes up there.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James