Don't You Love it When...

...you hear a song that you're madly in love with but you don't know what it is and then you realize your phone can identify it for you? The app store is dangerously amazing. Shazam! (superfluous emphasis mine) is the app for which I have much affection.
...you find a recipe for the delicious pancake soup you had in Vienna and try to recreate it? I only barely scanned the online recipe and thus was unawares that the leftover pancakes I used were quite different than called for until they swelled when added to the broth and I ended up with glorified brothy pancake mush. I went back for seconds.
...that trip to Scotland you've tried to plan at least three previous times is finally booked and soon to be a reality? Fuck yeah-eah-eah! Oh em gee I'm beyond excited.
...the family gets together no less than three times in the span of four days? Including D-Minus home from school? Eating, bowling, drinking, game-playing, watching Dad play to the crowd at Rumple's, and what not and what have you. That's good stuff.

Comments

Unknown said…
You crazy SON OF A BITCH. I cannot believe you've been posting, unbeknownst to me. I feel like a jilted lover. But I'm still madly in love with you. Seriously, you're a badass.
Life said…
i just don't know that i can embrace pancake soup. and OH EM GEE i am glad you finally get to go to scotland.
Unknown said…
scotland. yes.
and why is D home so early? isn't dec 4 a bit early? seems early. did i say early?
C-C-C-Corn Dog said…
Joy - Back at ya.

Kimblahg - Don't knock it until you've tried it! Salty + Sweet = Little Piece of Heaven.

Anna - He was home for T-giving, then back to K-ville, and now he's back for Xmas.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James