Deck the Harrs with Boughs of Horry

If it wasn't for A Christmas Story, I'm not sure I could make it through this time of year. I mean, yeah of course I'm all jolly and smiley during the holidays, who isn't? Oh, wait...that's right, I sometimes have to force it. But when ACS is on the telly, no force is necessary. So so many good lines. A smattering of some of my favorites:

  • I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed. (this happens to me all of the time)
  • Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl. (there's always one relative like this, isn't there?)
  • He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. (Profanity! Not just for the holidays)
  • Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf. (Amen)
  • Oh I hate the smell of tapioca. (Can I get another Amen?)
  • Oh, life is like that. Sometimes, at the height of our revelries, when our joy is at it's zenith, when all is most right with the world, the most unthinkable disasters descend upon us. (Truer words have ne'er been spoken)
  • They looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. (I get this far too frequently)
  • You'll shoot your eye out, kid. (It's not really a favorite line of mine, but I couldn't very well leave off the most famous of lines from this epic movie)
I'll save quotes from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special for the next festive season.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I personally like the line about electric sex in the window. I haven't seen this yet this season. Do I only get to enjoy it on the Christmas Eve 24 hour marathon?
Life said…
I love ACS but also love It's A Wonderful Life and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James