Warts and All

A friend you know here as JoySoy Habanero has a daily alarm set on her phone to go off everyday at the same time. And when it does, she thinks of as many things as she can for which she's grateful. The alarm goes off and she says "Time for Gratitude!". It's a habit I'd like to get into made even more pertinent by recent events. So here is a list of things for which I'm grateful today:

  • My family. I've always been close to my family, but in the last few months when things have gotten rocky, I've truly been amazed at how much we will do for each other. They've been there for me without a complaint or a moan to be found and I only hope that I repay that in everything I do. Warts and all, I've got the best family I could ever wish for.
  • All four seasons. I don't think I'd ever want to live someplace for any length of time that doesn't have all of them. And right now, spring is reminding me every day of how sweet it is to come out of winter - it wouldn't be quite as sweet if there was no winter.
  • Weddings. This one might be a stretch for me at this point in my life, but a friends' wedding is an unmatched opportunity to see everyone all in one place with an open bar.
  • Shoes. I've bought three pairs of shoes in the last few days, but I've managed to spend only $24 on all three. And they're all HOTT. Shoes always fit.
  • VS bras. Holy hell they give me good cleavage.
  • Thunderstorms. The smell and sound of a good thunderstorm is something you can't replicate. When you hear one of those boomers, it's a pretty instant realization how small we are in the grand scheme of things.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That JoySoy, she's a smart girl. However, Hil and I have decided she must be an alien. No one, I mean NO ONE can be that happy and chipper all the time. There can be no other explanation, clearly an alien, but we love her just the same.
I'm with you on that first one for sure. Family is the best. Even when they irritate the hell out of you, they only have the best intentions. I'm deeply grateful not only for the crazies I have blood relations with, but also for all the folks I gained when I got married. I couldn't ask for a better extended family.
Thanks for the post :)
Life said…
Here here about the four seasons. I have been loving spring and it wouldn't be so lovely without the hellish, looong winter.Insert metaphors here about the calm after the storm, appreciating the good after being through the bad and how every rose has its thorns just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song.
Unknown said…
Awwww! I just found this super nice post and extra sweet comment!! Y'all are so nice! GUESS WHAT I'm grateful for right now??? That's right: YOU and YOU and YOU and YOU!

Popular posts from this blog

Stupid Saturn Rising

High Tide

I'm the Lyrical Jesse James